Welcome to Global Migrate’s website.

I am Nick, how may I help you today?

What exactly you are planning for?


When are you willing to start?


Your English Level?



Working Holiday Visa New Zealand

New Zealand is also a signatory to the working holiday visa pact with a few countries. This has significantly helped a cultural exchange between these nations by allowing youth from these countries to experience life in New Zealand by working on their travels. If this suits your interest find out more or contact us to know the eligibility criteria and conditions.

New Zealand Working Holiday Visa

The New Zealand working holiday visa allows youth from eligible countries to take up temporary employment in New Zealand while on a holiday. New Zealand is a beautiful island country with warm and friendly residents which attracts travelers from all over. This scheme helps people from certain countries explore New Zealand and fund their travels.

The age limit and duration of visa varies as per your country of citizenship. You must be between the age group of 18-30 years when applying. You can apply for a 12 month visa or a 23 month visa depending on your nationality. You can also undertake a short term course of study for a total duration of 6 months.

Basic Requirements:

  • You must be 18 – 30 years of age (35 for certain countries)
  • You must hold a passport of an eligible country.
  • You must have no medical concerns or criminal convictions.
  • You must not take any dependents with you.
  • You must provide medical certificates (for a 23 month visa)
  • You must have a return tickets or have the funds to purchase one.
  • You must have medical insurance for the period of your stay.
  • You must have access to sufficient funds for your entire stay.

Financial Requirements:

In order to be eligible for the New Zealand Working Holiday Visa, you will need to have a minimum of NZ$4200 in available funds to cover your stay in New Zealand. Such evidence may be requested on arrival.

Eligable Countries & Additional Requirements

UK and Canada

Applicants from the UK can choose between a 12 month or a 23 month Working Holiday Visa for New Zealand.

Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR)

Applicants under this catergory, must have a British National Overseas or HKSAR passport valid for at least 3 months after the planned departure from New Zealand. You cannot work for one employer for more than 3 months.


You will need to have a minimum of NZ$4200 in available funds to cover your stay in New Zealand.


You will not be permitted to work for any one employer for more than 3 months


Citizens of Malaysia will be issued a travel visa for 12 months and on arrival in New Zealand will be issued a Work Permit for a maximum of 6 months.


To be eligible for the Working Holiday Visa, you must be either an undergraduate student or have graduated within the last three years from a Singaporean university or polytechnic. If you are an undergraduate wanting to gain work experience in New Zealand before completing your study in Singapore you must:

  • be registered with a Singaporean university or polytechnic AND
  • be a participant on an agreed exchange between your university or polytechnic in Singapore and a New Zealand university or polytechnic OR arrange your own employment directly with a New Zealand employer.

You will be issued a visa for travel for 12 months and upon arrival in New Zealand you will be granted a Work Permit for a maximum of 6 months.


To be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa to New Zealand you must have:

  • a tertiary qualification granted from a minimum of 3 years fulltime study.
  • a high level of proficiency in English.
  • a minimum of NZ$7000 available funds to meet your living costs while you are in New Zealand.